Saturday, April 6, 2013

Eclectic Canadian Creativity

I believe when you see a Canadian collection, you know its a Canadian collection.  I'm still struggling for the one word or phrase to describe Canadian fashion.  I'm proud that people can't make the mistake of labelling Canadian clothes with another country's name or another continent. 

There's an element of experimental creativity with a somewhat sophisticated restraint.  I certainly can tell.  It may be the influence of many cultures that make up Canada that inspires the work of our designers.  I'll call it culturally eclectic.

Jean-Pierre Braganza spring 2013, www.style.com
 

Jeremy Laing spring 2013, www.fashionmagazine.com

Lauen Bagliore spring 2013, www.laurenbaglior.com


Matis by Lucian Matis, spring 2013, www.frontrowmag.com

Till next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment