Monday, February 5, 2024

More to Denim than Just Jeans

Denim for generations has been associated mainly with making pants.  It's been very reliable, comfortable, casual,  and everyone, well, almost everyone, well, almost everyone has a pair in their closet.                                                                                                                                                                   
I believe years ago I posted a blog on denim.  I, today, was looking at fashion online and came across a jumper dress/gown in denim that caught my eye.  More searching and I'm very impressed with what sewers and designers have made with this hardy fabric.  I want to know why we don't see more people wearing these clever and artistic garments.  Maybe I need to be an example and design and wear an innovative denim piece....


Denim gown, pinterest.com


Textured denim coat, pinterest.com


                                           Designed by Awa Miete, pinterest.com


For those who sew, why not start a denim project this month?  Enjoy your week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment