Saturday, March 6, 2010

Two Designers and a Fashion Show

It's Saturday morning, and I need a coffee.  I've been staying up late a few nights now, watching t.v., mostly the news, and the lack of sleep is taking it's toll.  Luckily I did my house chores yesterday, so I can relax and watch a movie or two...

What kind of fashion week did you have?  Maybe I should ask you that once spring arrives.

While on Facebook, I linked to a business called Just Long Shirts.  This is a great idea to specialize in making one type of clothing.  Just Long Shirts has a variety of tunics, long sweaters, shirts and blouses which are suitable for all body types.  These shirts are fashionable for the fashion concious, and cover the "back of the hips" for those who are into modest clothing.  They can be worn with pants, jeans, capris and leggings.  I believe I'll have to buy one.  Besides, tunics are in this year.  This company should do very well.  Take a look at their clothing at  www.justlongshirts.com.



I recently found out about a designer who's business is called Metropolitan Frock Shop.  Metropolitan Frock designs vintage inspired clothing, and what I've seen are beautiful pieces made of rich looking fabrics.  Dresses seem to be the designer's specialty, but there are jackets added to her 2010 collection as well.  Metropolitan Frock has a gorgeous wrap poncho that I am definately going to enquire about, it is so me!  Look at the poncho and other pieces of clothing on www.flickr.com/photos/metrofrock.  Also check out what other items are for sale at www.etsy.com/shop/metropolitanfrock.

For those of you living in Toronto/GTA area (Ontario, Canada), C-Virtue is having a fashion show to reveal her 2010 collection on Monday March 29, 2010.  C-Virtue specializes in modest and fashionable attire for ladies.  The show starts at 7pm and it's free, but you need to make an appointment to get the tickets.  You can get the location and more information at the website at  www.c-virtue.com.

Till next blog!

yellow shirt - www.justlongshirts.com
beige floral jacket - www.etsy.com/shop/metropolitanfrock 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon. You're a pro. For a moment I thought that sister was you. Go 'head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are so sweet to feature me in your blog. Let's talk about that wrap poncho before I put my winter fabrics away. LOL Peace, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog post, Sharon. I love those long tunics. I'll be looking for one.

    ReplyDelete