Saturday, May 22, 2010

What a Girl Wore toTwo Weddings

I'm continuing the theme on weddings from last week's blog.  This week I wanted to show what I made for a young girl to wear to weddings.  It was mentioned to me that I should do a blog on bride's maids dresses for a future blog; I think that's a wonderful idea, and I will follow up on that!

While looking through my daughter's closet, I came across two dresses I made for her for two weddings we attended a few years ago.  I wanted to make something unique and one of a kind that couldn't be found in stores and was also affordable (of course sewing clothes makes them very affordable).  When my daughter was 9 years old, she wore:
 Well, this is just a taste of what she wore.  This fabric is very pretty, a blue embroidered flower pattern on a delicate beige fabric.  The color combination is unusual.  I bought it on sale from a fabric store.  The style of dress I made looked 1920's.  I'll post the whole dress next week.  The full photo I took wasn't flattering due to the background.  At least one person thought I had spent a lot of money for this dress.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Sold retail, this dress could cost about $60.00 or more.

When my daughter was 12 years old, she wore this to the next wedding:
 I already had the coral polyester print fabric which I had purchased a few months prior.  The maroon silk jacket was made from a silk shirt I never wore but didn't want to give away (I hate giving away anything made of silk).  I just love the pleating in the coral fabric on the front of the maroon fabric. 


I was thinking yesterday that there should be a reality show called the Frugal Fashion Designer.  I believe a lot of people would appreciate watching a clothing designer make stylish clothes that's affordable for the general public.

To change the subject, I'm adding pictures of things I saw and liked online.  There are so many talented designers out there.
 
 Till next blog!

 black ruffle jacket - www.avantegaudy.wordpress.com
bronze and teal bag - www.iofrer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment