Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Youngest Fashion Designer


I'm hoping that my teens will pursue starting their own business this summer in the event that they aren't fortunate to land a part-time job.  Doing research on young entrepreneurs on Google, I came across this young wonder.

Cecilia Cassini is a 10 year old fashion designer.  She's the youngest fashion designer in North America according to the press.  When Cecilia was 6 years old, she received a gift of a sewing machine, and has been sewing ever since.  Cecilia mainly teaches herself to design and sew; she's taken a few classes though.  At her first trunk show she sold 50 pieces. She now has her own clothing line and has some of her pieces in a children's boutique in Los Angeles called Tough Cookies.  The Today Show will be featuring Cecilia Cassini this month, so look for the program.  I will be.  This is a fantastic story!
For the young girls interested in accessory, clothing and jewelry design as well as fashion illustration, there is a company called Crafty Couture holding classes in Brampton, Thornhill and Toronto, Ontario.  The classes are for want-to-be designers from the ages of 7 to 17.  There are summer and winter camps.  Summer camps for fashion design start July 5, 2010.  For more information go to www.craftycouture.com.  I hope to enroll my daughter in this program.  We'll see what happens.

And now to change the subject, I've been looking at men's clothing.  Here are a couple of items I came across that I like.  Men should wear more color this spring and summer.
The green blazer looks to be made of a nylon polyester fabric.   Dark green fabric adds interest on the cap of the sleeves contrasting with the lighter green.  The side panel gives way to a closer fit to the body.  From each back shoulder to the armscythe is a vent.  This design is very millenium.  Two thumbs up!  The white blazer is refreshing and is something I'd love to see more men wearing with contrasting t-shirts or a pale colored shirt.

Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone.  Till next blog!

Cecilia Cassini sewing - www.google.com
green blazer - www.denhamthejeanmaker.com
white blazer - www.oldnavy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment